Pharmacy Assistant Program prepares students to successfully attain training and qualifications to become a Pharmacy Technician. Students will learn the basic concepts of Pharmacology, knowledge of practice settings, standards and ethics, State Board of Pharmacy laws and regulations, basic pharmacy calculations, drug dosages, forms, record keeping, labeling and customer service. Students are also trained to pass the Pharmacy Technician State License.
Are you a problem solver?
Do you like science?
Do you enjoy helping people?
Are you “hands on”?
THIS CAREER MAY BE FOR YOU!
- Keyboarding 90 hours
- Data Entry 90 hours
- Computer Essentials 90 hours
- Introduction to Medical Occupations 90 hours
- Pharmacy Practice 108 hours
- Pharmacy Calculation 108 hours
- Pharmacology and Medications 108 hours
- Electronic Health Records 90 hours
- Externship 100+ hours
- Total Hours 874
Day and Evening Classes Available.
National Pharmacy Technician (PTCB), State of California Licensure
COST FOR PROGRAM: $3,320
The above cost is an estimate. Your costs may vary. Additional fees may apply. Program cost includes books, industry certification test fees, and administration fees. Some fees are paid directly to an outside vendor.
POSSIBLE JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
- Pharmacy Technician Retail
- Pharmacy Technician Hospital
- Pharmacy Technician Nursing Home
MEDIAN WAGE: $18.54
Source: EDD/LMID Occupational Employment Statistics Survey, 2015. Wages and actual employment are not guaranteed. Wages do not reflect self-employment.