Earn a Career Technical Path Diploma!
Earn a Career Path Technical Diploma by taking a prescribed number of professional courses directed to specific careers. The Career Path Technical Diploma is designed to verify to business and industry that you have the skills required for entry-level positions. The ABC Adult Education Program is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and exclusively employs State of California certificated teachers
- The order of the classes is the suggested sequence. Some classes may be taken concurrently
- When the Career Program core classes are completed, additional classes may be added if time permits.
- To qualify for a certificate, students must get a passing grade of 70% or better and attend class according to the course syllabus (at least 80% of the scheduled time).
- Not all classes are offered each nine-week session.
- Most Career Programs can be completed in 12 months or less by most full-time students.
- Certain certificates over 6 months old may require a basic test to ensure skills are current prior to issuance of Career Technical Diploma (Keyboarding and Data Entry).
- Students without a high school diploma or a GED will receive a Certificate of Proficiency in lieu of the Career Technical Diploma.
- Students must meet all the general admission requirements for ABC Adult School as stated on our website.
- Students must meet the requirement of keyboarding at 40 words per minute before graduation.
- Students must meet certain individual requirements set forth for each program. These requirements may be found on our website in the Program of Study Data Sheet.
CTEC students qualify to sit for National Certification in:
- A+ Certification
- Microsoft Specialist
- Medical Assistant National Certification Exam (CMAA)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and State Certified License
- Medical Insurance Specialist
- Adobe Certification (Photoshop, Flash, and Dreamweaver)
- QuickBooks Certification
- Cosmetology (State Certified License)
To register for classes, click here -> RegisterOr you can use the form below to inquire about our classes: