Career Center for Students
Our goal is not only to prepare you for a job but also to help you find a career! The ABC Adult School Career Center is located on the Cuesta Campus in Room H6 and employs a full time Job Developer to assist students in the following areas:
- Guidance in career decisions and assessments available to insure the best educational path to success
- Recommendations for Career Technical Diplomas and Industry Certifications to enhance employment skills
- Résumé building seminars and coaching focused on your particular career choice
Search for Jobs
- Job Center computers available to students for job search, résumé construction and on-line job applications. You must make an appointment. Contact Job Developer, Ty Holloway, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job postings and announcement boards are inside and outside of the Career Center (Room H6). An electronic job leads listing is available.
- Job search skills covering: résumé writing and critique, interviewing, utilizing internet employment databases, etc.
Attend a Job Fair
ABC Adult School hosts a Spring Job Fair with employers invited who match our student’s employment targets.
J.O.B. (Join Our Business) Day
Come hear representatives from different careers talk about what it takes to make it in the job world. Make connections and network. Please contact the Career Center for more information.
New Student Orientation
If you are new or just have some questions about ABC Adult School, Career Paths or your future in general, come to one of our orientation sessions. Click here for dates and times.