Skip to content
  • Home
  • Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Federal Pell Grants are available to eligible students.

If you are interested in Financial Aid please fill out the 2020 - 2021 application FAFSA at (ABC Adult School Code is 042270). Should Read 2022-2023 application FAFSA

Minimum Requirements:

  1. Meet U.S. citizenship or eligible non-citizenship requirements. (Note: Deferred Action recipients are not eligible for Federal Student Aid)
  2. The student must possess a High School Diploma or State issued High School Equivalency Certificate from a Regional Accredited Institution ( Examples are GED®, HiSET, TASC. (Foreign High School Diploma must be notarized, translated and is the responsibility of the student.)
  3. Plan to enroll in any one of our Title IV Approved Career Technical Education Programs. (*See the list below)
  4. Demonstrate a need.
  5. Males must have applied for Selective Service before ages 18-24

Financial Aid applications take time to process so begin early. The application must be approved and processed prior to attending class. To get started, apply online by visiting the Federal Student Aid website: Once you have applied you will need to call Financial Aid Office to turn in additional documents needed to determine Financial Aid.

(562) 229-7960 Ext. 25021

The following programs are eligible for Financial Aid Benefits (PELL Grant) for students who qualify:

Accounting Clerk
Administrative Assistant
Graphic Media Design
IT Technician
Office Assistant

Medical Office & Billing Specialist
(Medical Billing and Coding)
Medical Assistant
Pharmacy Technician
Video Media Design
Web Design

4 Easy Steps to Apply

Step 1: Apply

Submit a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at

ABC Adult School Code is 042270

Step 2: Submit Items to ABC Adult School Financial Aid Office to Complete Your File.

a. Valid California Driver's License or CA Identification

b. Social Security Card

c. Official sealed High School Transcript, High School Diploma or State recognized equivalent i.e. (GED, HiSET, or TASC). Original documents needed. Foreign High School Diplomas need to be translated and notarized.

d. Print out your ESAR (Electronic Student Aid Report). To obtain printout, go to

e. Printout of PELL LEU (Lifetime Eligibility Used). To obtain your Pell LEU, go to NSLDS printout of prior financial aid history specifically for Pell Grant

LEU (Lifetime Eligibility Used). You will need to set up your FSA ID before you can access the NSLDS. Please visit website for student access ( You can setup your FSA ID when first applying through the FAFSA.

f. Bring items A-E to the Financial Aid Office.

Step 3: Review Awards

You must maintain a minimum of 2.0 GPA and meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards to receive awards.

Step 4: Receive Disbursement

The Financial Aid Office will disburse your financial aid.

For more information,

All questions, please call (562) 229-7960.