Accreditation, Mission/Vision Statement
We are fully accredited by:
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
COE – The Council on Occupational Education
Download and read ABC Adult School’s COE Self Study 2015 Report.
The Mission of ABC Adult School is to provide quality education to our diverse community with meaningful opportunities for success in career, academic, and personal goals.
Students will develop confidence and self-reliance as they aspire to reach their full potential in life-long learning. We will cultivate our students’ desire for learning, and encourage them to try new and exciting challenges by giving them a solid foundation to build on.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
ABC Adult School prepares students to be:
Self-Directed Lifelong Learners who:
- Acquire knowledge and skills appropriate to their goals in life
- Set and achieve career, educational and/or personal goals
- Seek continuing career training and/or educational opportunities
Effective Communicators who:
- Demonstrate appropriate language, digital literacy, computational skills and/or technical skills
- Apply communication skills to professional, technical, creative, and other real-life situations
- Enhance and improve their ability to understand and be understood by others
Critical Thinkers and Problem-Solvers who:
- Exercise their powers of judgement, perception, and inference
- Assess and fulfill their own needs by finding appropriate resources
- Apply knowledge to professional, technical and other real-life situations