Adult students are welcome to attend ABC Adult School for credit recovery towards a high school diploma, to prepare for a High School Equivalency test, or to improve basic skills. Adults should come to the Cuesta Main Office with picture identification, official transcripts and $5 lab fee (cash or credit card) to register and begin their journey of “learning for life.” A counselor will help students determine the best educational path and create a custom study plan. All new adult students must meet with a counselor during the enrollment process. Concurrent students who attend high schools may take adult school courses with parent or guardian permission on the advisement of their high school counselor. High school students may only be referred for failed courses or credit deficiencies. Concurrent high school students must bring their concurrent enrollment form, class schedule and photo identification to enroll.
Basic Skills, GED, HiSET, TASC or High School Diploma?
Enrolling in Basic Skills classes is the best option for students who:
- Do not need a high school diploma or a high school equivalency certificate.
- Would like to brush up on basic reading, math, or writing.
- Would like to audit a class for personal enrichment.
Preparation for the GED, HiSET or TASC exam is the best option for students who:
- Have completed fewer than 150 transferable high school credits.
- Plan to enroll in a community college.
- Are proficient in English language arts (reading and writing).
Enrolling in high school diploma subjects is the best option for students who:
- Have completed at least 150 transferable high school credits.
- Plan to enlist in the United States armed forces.
- Are not in a hurry and able to commit to a longer course of study.
Academic Advisement is available at:
Adult Education Center – Cuesta Campus
12254 Cuesta Drive, Cerritos
(562) 229-7960, Ext. 25023
Office Hours & Registration
Monday – Thursday 7:30 am – 8:30 pm
Friday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Academic Advisement Hours
Monday & Wednesday 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Tuesday & Thursday 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
All new adult students must meet with an Academic Advisor during the enrollment process.
Refund policy: The Academic lab fee of $5 is a non-refundable processing fee. No refunds are given after registration has been completed.